An essential DVD set for all Iyengar students and teachers!
In September 2005, Sri B.K.S. Iyengar participated in a much-heralded intensive dedicated to his teaching, held as part of Yoga Journal’s Estes Park Conference. Along with some of Mr. Iyengar’s senior teachers, he provided those assembled with his latest teachings in asana and pranayama. He also made himself accessible to his students through a variety of talks and question and answer sessions.
BKS Iyengar developed the specific techniques that integrate mind, body and emotions for the Iyengar approach to yoga. This live yoga DVD is a wealth of knowledge in one collection. Beginners as well as experienced yoga practitioners will gain insight from the Iyengar DVD series.
The five DVD set, incorporating 25 hours of content, captures each session of this important event. It displays Mr. Iyengar’s passion, vitality, and mastery of yoga. Blending humor and wisdom, Mr. Iyengar’s presence was even more astounding given his 86 years of age. It was possibly his last visit to the United States, and one that can be thoroughly savored and continually revisited in this DVD format.
Mr. Iyengar’s teaching and presence is incorporated in every session of this DVD.
- Three asana classes (580 minutes)
- Three pranayama classes (282 minutes)
- Q&A session with Mr. Iyengar (150 minutes)
- Mr. Iyengar’s Conference Keynote (62 minutes)
- Conversation with Mr. Iyengar (92 minutes)
- Master classes with master teachers Manus Manos and Patricia Walden, which include Mr. Iyengar (257 minutes)
- Performance by The Yoga Troup (40 mins)
Partial proceeds from the sale of this DVD set go towards Mr. Iyengar's Bellur Project, and toward the Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States (IYNAUS).